Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The D.S. Show/September 7, 2011

Me: Today on The D.S. Show we have a very special guest for you. He's a man who stood up to the establishment. He's a man who stuck his neck out to say the things everyone else believed and couldn't say. He's a man who refused to beg for his career as a superstar. You all know him so well that I don't even need to say his name! Let's hear for this amazing person!

(Audience cheers. Enter a gypsy lady with a crystal ball. She puts the crystal ball on my desk.)

Me: Sir, I know you had a tough climb to the top, but how do you feel about it now?

Gypsy: He says he feels very peaceful about it. He says he can see everything clearly, as long as they use a squirt of Windox every once in a while.

Me: That's great. And what do you like the most about your new life as a star?

Gypsy: He says 'not having to shave.'

Me: I see. One final question before we go to commercial. I know that you wanted people to donate to charity. Tell us now what your favourite charity is so that we can all comply.

Gypsy: He says to leave your newborn infants on the doorstep in a basket with all your cash the next time a caravan passes through your town.

----------------------------------------

(Commercial for Windox. A supermarket.)

Sally: Hey, Brad! Say, that's a mighty big bottle of Windox you have in your shopping cart. You must have some pretty dirty picture windows at home!

Brad: I sure do, Sally, but that's not all I use my Windox for.

Sally: No?

Brad: No, I use it for all my cleaning needs.

Sally: Like what?

Brad: Like those tough underwear stains. Just pour some Windox on there and let it sit for an hour and they change in colour from yellow to a nice, peaceful blue.

Sally: Wow! What else can you use Windox for?

Brad: Well, don't bother buying toothpaste anymore. Just dip your toothbrush in Windox and you'll get your teeth sparkling clean. And it makes a fine mouthwash, too! Tastes just like Glisterine! (Brad smiles, showing off his bright white teeth.)

Sally: But you don't even have any food in that cart, Brad.

Brad: Who needs food when you have Windox? Just dissolve four or five vitamin pills in a glass of Windox and drink it down. Keeps you nourished and gets your intestines sparkling clean.

Sally: Gee, I'm going to have to stop buying anything else and spend all my money on Windox.

Brad: That's where the smart money goes.

Announcer: Windox. What else do you need?

--------------------------------------------

Me: And we're back. My next guest has been causing a sensation all over town since he got here from England - especially with the young ladies. Let's all hear it for John Merrick V!

(Girls scream frantically. One girl breaks through security and tries to rip off Merrick's clothes. A guard drags her offstage. Merrick shakes my hand and takes his place in the guest chair. I sit at my desk.)

Me: Wow! That was some enthusiastic reception you just got there. What's it like to be a teen heartthrob?

Merrick: I don't quite understand it. They didn't notice me at all when I worked as a mad scientist's slave.

Me: Yes, but you're a star now. And as an artist I don't mind telling you that you have a very distinctive look. Any advice to young men out there trying to emulate your image?

Merrick: Short of cosmetic surgery, I'd advise them not to throw out their Hallowe'en masks.

Me: Tell us about your new movie coming out.

Merrick: Gladly. It's about a man who works in a factory, compounding hazardous chemicals to make beauty products.

Me: Interesting. How did you land that role?

Merrick: They said I wouldn't need makeup.

Me: Of course. Now everyone has heard about your famous great great grandfather, the Elephant Man, but few until now knew that he fathered a child with that actress he was seeing. How do you explain this success the men in your family have had with women?

Merrick: Simple really. We're as handsome as the Devil. And while you might not know it to look at us, our reproductive organs are as sound as our minds.

Me: Why do you think your famous ancestor chose to end his life at the peak of his popularity?

Merrick: Well, I'm given to understand that he was a most sensitive man, and he didn't like the way everyone in London kept making fun of his extremely long nose.

Me: The poor fellow!

Merrick: Yes, quite.

Me: Time once again for a word from our wonderful sponsors, but when we return I'll be performing my new song with John Merrick V accompanying me on the organ grinder, so stay tuned!

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2012. Windox commercial: © 2007. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment